UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
UCL was established in 1826 to open up education in England for the first time to students of any race, class or religion. UCL was also the first university to welcome female students on equal terms with men.
- UCL is ranked fourth in the world's top ten universities by the QS World University Rankings (2013).
- More than 4,000 academic and research staff at UCL are dedicated to research and teaching of the highest standards.
- In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), UCL was rated the best research university in London, and third in the UK overall, for the number of its submissions which were considered of ‘world-leading quality’.
- UCL has the highest number of professors of any university in the UK, with 824 established and personal chairs, as well as the joint highest number of female professors with 185.
- UCL is associated with several major teaching hospitals – such as the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, the Royal Free Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital – which provide Londoners with first-rate healthcare and contribute to major advances in medical research.
- Our academic community includes 53 Fellows of the Royal Society, 51 Fellows of the British Academy, 15 Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering and 117 Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Nobel prizes have been awarded to 21 former academics and graduates. The most recent addition in October 2009 was Professor Charles Kao who was awarded a Nobel prize for Physics. Professor Kao undertook his PhD at UCL under the supervision of Professor Harold Barlow.
- 46% of the nearly 29,000-strong student community is engaged in graduate studies, with more than a third of these graduate students pursuing research degrees.
- Students from 150 countries study at UCL, making up more than one-third of the student body. See more student statistics.
- An ever-expanding worldwide network of more than 160,000 UCL alumni, helps to maintain the university’s international reputation for access, innovation and excellence.
Følg skolen, og få oppdateringer om studiemuligheter!
Opprett en brukerkonto og legg til skolen i dine "skoler av interesse", og vi vil sende deg informasjon om aktuelle studiemuligheter.
- Opprett din personlige brukerprofil
- Legg til skolen i dine skoleønsker
- Vi sender deg oppdateringer om studiemuligheter
Fakta om UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
Fagområder UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON tilbyr studier innen
Steder hvor UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON har avdelingerUtlandet: Storbritannia
Høgskolen i Østfold
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet
Fagskolen i Viken
Høgskolen i Molde
MF vitenskapelig høyskole
Høgskolen i Innlandet